Together, let’s build an abundant world.
Grow your Permaculture skills, knowledge, and connect with other practitioners across North America through becoming a PINA Member!
PINA shares the latest developments in the field through Webinar Watch Parties, Newsletters, Continuing Education Credits, and Online Resources for designers, teachers, entrepreneurs and community groups.
PINA Members also can enter our annual Design Contest that features prizes up to $5,000 in the categories of Site Design, Media, and Site Implementation.
I joined PINA to support the work of a national organization for people who aspire to practice permaculture professionally. As I developed my career path, I would have benefitted from structured guidance on my opportunities for career advancement and . . . Read More.
Types of Membership
We offer 3 types of membership. Dues are commensurate with the benefits provided:
- PDC Graduates, including diploma candidates: $30 per year
- Professional Diplomates: $60 per year
- Allied Organizations: $120 per year
Dues span a one-year period, beginning the date that PINA accepts you as a member.
If your membership lapses, your benefits end and you will be removed from PINA’s website listings, if any, after a 30-day grace period. Upon payment of dues, you can request reinstatement.
Full Membership Benefits
We provide services for PDC graduates, diploma candidates, teachers, designers, course organizers, field advisors, and regional hub organizations and the general public:
- A member newsletter with guidance for working designers, educators, landscapers, and organizers, stories about PINA members and their work, and updates on the organization’s growth and outreach efforts
- Staff to answer your questions and to provide support
- Assistance through your diploma process
- Opportunities to fund or otherwise support your design efforts to regenerate land and community
- A standard core curriculum for the Permaculture Design Course
- A list of PINA diplomates recommended in Education and/or Site Design
- A roster of PINA-certified PDC graduates who are eligible for certain college credits and tuition waivers
- A roster of PINA-recognized advanced course graduates
- Additional benefits to PINA members provided by our organizational partners, such as discounts on courses and webinars
- Access to workshops and courses, including PDCs, advanced courses and continuing education
- A calendar of courses and events in the permaculture community
Additional benefits for Allied Organizations:
- Listing on a special page of this website
- Receive the newsletter along with notices of special offers to members
- Invitations to attend PINA-organized regional or continental events (trainings, convergences, seminars) on the same basis as other members
- May submit material to the PINA newsletter for publication, subject to review by our Editorial Board
- Able to offer PINA members the opportunity to participate in products, programs, or campaigns they sponsor
PINA encourages groups to partner with us be becoming an organizational member. This may include non-profit organizations, certain for-profit enterprises and informal local permaculture associations and guilds. Organizational members will have purposes that are consistent with permaculture ethics (Earthcare, People Care and Fair Share) and supportive of PINA’s mission of professional development, public education and social betterment.
See more information on our Allied Organization page.
Most PINA members are set up with automatic annual renewal through PayPal.
If your membership has lapsed due to nonpayment, go to our membership reinstatement page.
If you do not have a log-in because you have never registered on the PINA website, please use our Become a Member page as if you are a new member. This applies to all member types – regular, diplomate, or fast-track candidate.
If you need any other assistance with your membership, please use the Contact form to get in touch with our administrator.