Red Ant Works, Inc.
Regenerative Landscape Systems and Relations
Permaculture / Landscape Company Manager – Park City, Utah
Red Ant Works, Inc., Park City, Utah, a 26 year permaculture landscape construction and regenerative horticultural care company, seeks a company manager.
This is a career position with long-term growth and company development potential.
We are an ethics-driven company–best known for our organic practices, attentive customer relations, crew knowledge and training, and our inclusive, laterally structured and collaborative work culture. Using bio-regionally developed techniques, we are changing conventional landscape construction and landcare practices working with Nature as our guide.
Red Ant Works, Inc. has been voted “Best Landscaper” for several years.
Though we have been focused on construction and horticultural work / landcare, our long term intention is to provide drought response options to developers, architects, builders and municipalities in this arid region. Water is Life.
Our work is at 7,000’+ elevation and our site-work runs roughly April – early November. There is pre and post season site-work required for this position.
We work 4/10s, Monday – Thursday. Some admin work required outside sitework days.
Position description – The items listed below describe the nature and tone of this position. Experience in these each of these areas is preferred, however, not contingent for hiring.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES of MANAGER POSITION
SITE-WORK & ADMINISTRATIVE
– Plant knowledge: character, needs and identification
– Landscape construction, horticultural care
– Irrigation systems: controller programming, installation, maintenance
– Water flows: swale systems, catchment, soil elevations / grading
– Soil: health, maintenance, biology
– Site management, running crews in a safe work environment
– Administrative: scheduling, daily, weekly and seasonal documentation, budgeting, resource allotment
– Working alongside crew on daily sitework (more the first year to learn our methodologies and protocols)
– Machine experience
– Client site checks: plant health, irrigation system, etc.
– Inventory management / ordering
– Vendor & subcontractor coordination
– Company community service
– Fleet management & care (3 vehicles)
As the above is integrated, eventually:
– Staff recruitment & retention
– Collaboration in hiring & training
– Working with culturally and linguistically diverse staff
– Non-violent conflict resolution & group process
– Developing crew cohesion and relationship-building
– Human resource recordkeeping
– Cultivating culture of playfulness while achieving daily work goals
LEADERSHIP and PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
– Uphold values and protocols within all company literature
– Continued self-study and education in work-relevant fields
– Cultivation of goodwill amongst crew, management, client and Gaia
– Modeling disciplines and standards you would like to see your crew
– Skill in receiving and offering feedback
– Foster collaborative work environment
– Self care
– Collaboration in evolving company to include consultancy
– Scale our design, service and construction offerings into regional developments with architects, municipalities, homeowners and general contractors
– In-the-field permaculture experience or completed Permaculture Design Certificate (PDC)
– Minimum 2 years in the field with relevant work including landscape construction and landcare
– Human and project management
– Plant & soil health knowledge
– Long-term commitment
– Sense of humor
– Reside in Park City, Utah
– Valid driver’s license
Compensation Winters off: compliments travel, volunteering / ski town work
– $28 – $35 per hour / basis for salaried position, commensurate with experience – April-November (exact dates weather dependent)
– Merit based bonuses: Mid-season and year-end based on performance, company profits, staff recruitment and retention
– $1,000 relocation stipend if relocating to Utah /$500 If relocating to Park City from within Utah
– Paid days off
– Schooling and trainings applicable to our work after first year
– Retirement account with company matching contribution after first year
– Healthcare stipend year-round after first year
– Wellness stipend: such as massage, acupuncture, counseling after first year
To apply send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Include all below:
- Detail your full work-story—quite often “unrelated” work experience has relevance …all the way to your first job!
- Location of PDC, teachers, mentors of all kinds and any permaculture / soil trainings
- Passions, hobbies, curiosities
- Certifications or courses completed, such as watershed management, CPR, non-violent communication, first aid, soil care, etc.
- Education – include all (coursework, trainings, high school, university / college even if unrelated to this position)
- List of references: contact info and length of relationship both personal and professional
- Anyone with qualifying work experience is encouraged to appl
9 March 2023
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org