Steps for the Experienced-Track Diploma
- Become a PINA member. Regular Membership is $30/year.
- Review the regular requirements in your specialty in Education or Site Design to make sure that you already meet the requirements laid out for Design and/or Teaching experience. If you have already taught 10 complete PDCs, the Experienced Track only requires you to have taught two of these with a senior instructor.
- Apply for Diploma Candidacy. You will pay $350 with your application which includes $150 for administration and coaching on the preparation of and review of the portfolio. If the application is rejected, $150 is non-refundable. $200 may be transferred to payment for a Regular Diploma application, but will not be refunded.
- You may apply for diplomas in both Site Design and Education with the same application if you meet the requirements for both. An additional fee of $150 will be charged for the review of the second diploma portfolio. This fee is nonrefundable.
- Present your portfolio in a very straightforward manner, using the guidelines provided by the Diploma Program Committee and their assigned Reviewer. If the portfolio is not in the form requested, the Reviewer may, at their discretion, continue working with you to complete your portfolio rather than having it rejected or sent to the regular program process. If given this option, you will pay an additional retainer for the assistance of the Reviewer or a Field Advisor before continuing with the Experienced Track.
- Provide a letter of recommendation from a PINA diplomate or equivalent who is familiar with your work stating a belief that you have most likely met the requirements for a PINA diploma.
- Pay $60/year maintenance fee if the completion goes beyond six months from date of application. PINA expects this process to last no longer than 6 months.
- Portfolio Review and Evaluation by the PINA Diploma Program Committee.
- Receive your Diploma
- Pay professional dues of $60/year on granting of the Diploma, and subsequently.
- Relative to our existing specializations in Site Design and Education, you will need to document the following:
- Have completed an advanced course with a PINA diplomate or equivalent in Site Design or Education according to specialization. (This requirement may be waived by the DPC under special and compelling circumstances.)
- Fully document 2 designs (drawings and report), and list at least the required number of designs with supporting information. Designs should exhibit a similar range of scope and scale as required of regular candidates, i.e., invisible structures, team design, rural, urban, etc.
- Document your design process flow and client questionnaire.
For Site Design Diploma only
- Fully document one additional design (for a total of 3) and list at least another 7 designs with supporting information.
- Provide 2 letters of recommendation from clients you served in a professional capacity and who are not related to you. These should verify that your design work contributes to the adaptation of the site to an appropriate regenerative ecology; that you can work well with clients in realizing both their personal goals and the ecological needs of the site itself; and that you have experience with design implementation or contributed significant support (budget, timeline, sources, etc…) to the practical development of the project on the ground.
For Education Diploma only
- Have taught two or more PDCs under/with a senior teacher(s) and provide letters of recommendation from them. (See FAQs for details.) The letters should include verification that you are qualified to teach the entire PDC on your own and certify students. Document at least another 8 courses and your role in them.
- Provide a sample PDC schedule/curriculum for one of your courses.
- Provide detailed curriculum notes on three main PDC subjects (one invisible/meta-systems, one natural systems; one cultivated systems, e.g., economics, forests and trees, waste treatment.)
Our intent is to provide an expedited process for working practitioners that reduces the need for 1) delay, 2) complete documentation, 3) mentoring by a senior teacher or designer, 4) Field Advisor guidance, and 5) Portfolio review by a regional hub and/or Review panel. These privileges are granted in recognition of substantial accomplishments already made by the applicant, and on the assumption that a nearly complete portfolio can be readily assembled.
In view of the likelihood that the applicant will need some guidance regarding details of presenting the portfolio in the application and the need for a more extensive review, an additional fee is required. The Experienced Track still enables a skilled and accomplished practitioner to eliminate significant costs in obtaining the diploma, and to move almost directly to diploma issuance. However, it does exact a measure of precision and care at the application stage to ensure that PINA only issues diplomas for actual competence.Apply for Diploma Candidacy
You may also submit your Experienced Track application by regular mail. Please contact our administrator for more information on this option.
After receiving your diploma, your name, permaculture business name if any, and contact information will be published in the PINA roster of diplomates.
It is expected that you will maintain an active membership in PINA and you will participate in a PINA-recognized education program or permaculture convergence at least once every 3 years.
PINA will review your credentials every 5 years.
Permaculture educators should send PDC participant rosters to the PINA registry.
You may want to consider becoming a field advisor. Learn more about field advisors.
Men’s health includes topics on erection problems, gynecomastia in addition to current threats to the male population. With the market flooded with divers web-sites selling variant medicines, purchasing medicaments online is no longer a dream for common man. Below are six reasons about how long does viagra last 50 mg. Is it possible to prevent side effects of Cialis? Whilst ED is more common among older men, that doesn’t make it ‘normal’. When you order remedies like Cialis you have to have in mind about how long does viagra last in the body. Also, think about viagra how long does it last. Men with sexual health problems need vocational help. Certain treatments will include couples therapy. Along with theirs useful effects, most remedies, even so, can cause dangerous side effects although as a rule not everyone experiences them.